"Upon this handful of soil our survival depends. Husband it and it will grow our food, our fuel and our shelter and surround us with beauty. Abuse it and soil will collapse and die, taking humanity with it." Ancient Vedas Scripture in Sanskrit, 1500 B.C.
2015 is The International Year of Soils! (More)
Welcome to our website!
The Michigan Chapter of the Soil and Water Conservation Society (SWCS) is an unincorporated private non-profit 501(c)(3) professional society organized for educational, scientific and charitable purposes to foster the science and art of soil, water, and related resource management to achieve sustainability. This includes:
- Promoting research, experimentation, demonstrations and other technical work in soil and water conservation.
- Stimulating communication among professional workers in soil and water conservation for mutual exchange of knowledge, facts and experience.
- Promoting and providing opportunities for professional development training in the science and art of soil, water and related renewable natural resource conservation and management to achieve sustainability.
- Sustaining the ethic and spirit of professionalism among conservationists through networking and mutual support.
OUR 2015 ANR SEMINAR SPONSORS
BRONZE LEVEL (See list)
ALL SPONSORS LIST
ON THIS WEBSITE YOU CAN:
- View our new Strategic Plan
See results of the 2013 Michigan Chapter Membership Survey ( Summary)
See announcements of upcoming events on the Local Events page.
Get Speakers Handouts and PowerPoints from past Chapter events.
See Current year Chapter Newsletters on the Local Events page.
- Look for a Conservation Job posting.
Learn more under the About Us page:
- The Vision and Mission of the Michigan Chapter SWCS.
The Michigan Chapter SWCS Bylaws.
A map of the Michigan Chapter SWCS Regions.
Michigan Chapter SWCS President's Progress Reports.
And, under the Organization sub-page:
A list of Michigan Chapter SWCS Officers with email links.
The Executive Council's teleconference schedule.
A list of the Michigan Chapter SWCS Committees and Chairs.
Also, under the Archives sub-page:
Michigan Chapter SWCS Executive Council and Annual Meeting Minutes.
- Michigan Chapter SWCS Newsletter Archives.
Michigan Chapter SWCS Budgets.
- Michigan Chapter SWCS President's Annual Progress Reports.
Find Links to other SWCS Chapters and Conservation organizations.
- Find links to suggested publications, books, documents linked to our Michigan Chapter Newsletter and the SWCS On-line Store.
Find information on Membership benefits and how to join or donate.
- Find information on Scholarships.
Find information on SWCS Annual International Conferences and see photos from the 64th Annual International Conference held in 2009 at the Hyatt Regency in Dearborn, Michigan.
This space available for sponsorship by any member.
Note: Any SWCS member can be a sponsor.
Sponsorship Rates: 1 month - $10; 3 months - $25; 6 months - $45.
Michigan Chapter Members: To be a sponsor on our website, download, fill out and mail this form.
Use this on-line "Buy Now" button. This will take you to PayPal. There will be a place where you can provide additional information to the seller, such as a message that you would like shown in the sponsorship space along with your name.
PAID ADVERTISEMENT OPPORTUNITY
Would you like to advertise on this website?
This site received 5001 unique visits during the last 4 weeks!
Website created 11/24/2008
Website updated 8/26/2015
For questions and/or comments about this website, contact Daniel F. Kesselring, Volunteer Web Site Editor